US Pilots

If your glider is registered as experimental, then you may not fly it in Canada without receiving approval from Transport Canada.  The process is called "Validation of a Foreign Flight Authourity".  If your glider has a standard Certificate of Airworthiness, then no approval is required and you may fly your glider in Canada.

Please follow these steps:

  1. Scan your Certificate of Registration, special Certificate of Airworthiness and the Program Letter stating the Operating Limitations
  2. The documents should be in PDF format
  3. There is a fee of CAD $ 100 and you can pay this with Visa or MC
    • To pay the fee, call 1-800-305-2059 select options 1 - English, 1 - Fee payment, then select 4 for the Ontario region
  4. You will be given a receipt number during the call. 
  5. Compose an email requesting permission to fly your US registered glider licensed in the “Experimental” category at the Pan-American Gliding Competition to be held at Rockton, Ontario.  Use the dates of 27 Jul - 14 Aug 2019 to cover the weekend before the competition. If you plan to extend your stay before or after the competition use those dates instead.
  6. Attach your scanned documents and as proof of fee payment include the receipt number from step 4 in the body of the email to:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.